What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

several sensors insert in one graph in a map

Votes:

In the old PRTG Version 6 we have often worked with several different sensors from several devices together in only one graph. You cold see and compare them at the first view. Since Version 7 we don't find this funktion anymore. Currently we can take only one Sensor in every graph.

How can I use several sensors in only one graph in a map?

map prtg sensors

Created on Jan 24, 2017 11:35:37 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear SachsenMilch

The modern PRTG version are sensor-based and any graph can contain only input from one sensor. However, the Factory Sensor allows to combine inputs from other sensors. A factory sensor can also be used to render graphs, this way it is possible to get a graph with inputs from different sensor sources.

While the setup of the factory sensor is a bit complicated with the channel definition, the sensor is very flexible and offers computations as well.

A sample configuration could look like

#1:My first channel
channel(1001,1)
#2:My second
channel(1002,1)
#3:My sum channel
channel(1001,1) + channel(1002,1)

Created on Jan 24, 2017 7:33:28 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 24, 2017 7:34:56 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.