What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Condition in monitoring

Votes:

Hello.

I want to moniror my synology hight aviability.

For this i monitor if my synology is alive.

I monitor my Two synology.

Wen the synology is on Active mode I can see it alive on PRTG

When the syology is on Pasive mode I see it not alive on PRTG

Is it possible to do one condition for Monitor the stitch betwin the active/pasive mode ?

Regards,

conditions hight-aviability synology

Created on Jan 26, 2017 9:30:00 AM

7 Replies

Votes:

It seems that the HA state cannot be monitored via SNMP from what I can tell via a brief search through their forums :(

Created on Jan 26, 2017 12:23:20 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes I know this but my question is "Is it possible to do one condition for Monitor the stitch betwin the active/pasive mode ?"

Like a stript in prtg State1="Syno1 UP & Syno2 Down" State2="Syno1 Down & Syno2 UP" .

And alert wen the State1 Change to State2

Created on Jan 26, 2017 2:00:42 PM

Votes:

I assume you see that status in the DSM webinterface somewhere, right?

Created on Jan 26, 2017 2:08:21 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

No in prtg.

Created on Jan 26, 2017 2:15:56 PM

Votes:

No, I mean that currently, you can only see the status in DSM, but you want to monitor it in PRTG, right?

Created on Jan 26, 2017 2:23:22 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

No i see the statut in prtg

Wen the synology is on Active mode I can see it alive on PRTG

When the syology is on Pasive mode I see it not alive on PRTG

And i want create a macro or a scipt for make an alert when it change

Created on Jan 26, 2017 3:37:31 PM

Votes:

Ah! Sorry, I didn't understand you correctly the whole time. In case the sensor is down when it's not alive, you can simply create a notification in the notification tab and add a new state trigger that triggers a notification. See also the Paessler website: How to set up notifications via the PRTG web interface.

Created on Jan 27, 2017 7:43:59 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 26, 2021 11:47:37 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.