What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

httpfullsensor 0 msec

Votes:

Hi folks,

I have an httpfullsensor that's giving a 0 msec response time for a particular site. This doesn't seem believable because the site doesn't load in 0 seconds (!). The response time isn't always 0 msec, but mostly is.

Any ideas?

Thanks

httpfullsensor prtg sensor

Created on Feb 1, 2017 10:34:27 AM

17 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

What exactly is displayed on the website? If it is just a Java site or site which is build with JavaScript, then the 0ms are possible. Please note that the sensors just loads the complete site with its assets excluding any executable scripts.

Created on Feb 1, 2017 1:15:55 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The site is mypeexam.org. Opening with Chome's Develeoper Tools seems to show the site loading lots of graphics and other items, and it takes several seconds to open.

Created on Feb 1, 2017 1:21:12 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

How long does it take to load the page if you open it directly on the PRTG Core Server or the according PRTG Probe's server?

Created on Feb 1, 2017 2:20:34 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Opening in Chrome on the PRTG core server (probes are on the same server) currently takes 5.75s.

Created on Feb 1, 2017 3:02:32 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Are you using any group-policy based proxy settings? Perhaps for the system user? Please enable the "Use Windows credentials of parent device" option within the sensor settings, does this work?

Created on Feb 1, 2017 7:08:14 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 1, 2017 7:09:58 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

To confirm that the sensor inherits its proxy settings from the device. All our sensors do this.

We now have another website sensor that's behaving the same way, for www.showmyhomework.co.uk.

Not all sensor readings are 0 msec, but the bulk are.

Created on Feb 6, 2017 3:00:48 PM

Votes:

Hi,

Please try to use the "PhantomJS" or "Internet Explorer" browser engine instead, does that work?

Created on Feb 7, 2017 7:00:31 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I've tried both, and oddly I seem to get even less response with those.

Chrome does seem to show the odd spike, but mostly the graph data is at 0msec.

Created on Mar 16, 2017 11:30:44 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Is the website by any chance publicly available so we can test and analyze this further on our side?

Created on Mar 16, 2017 12:26:35 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, it's mypeexam.org. The sensor is pointing specifically at http://www.mypeexam.org

We were having an issue with kerboodle.com, but that is now working with Chromium.

We're using PRTG v16.1.22.2657.

Created on Mar 16, 2017 12:30:16 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

On my side I get a valid request time, about 3 seconds load time. Please set the engine to "PhantomJS" and enable the "Render and store a screenshot of most recent sensor result as PNG" option in the sensor settings. Afterwards check the picture of the website, which is located under "C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs (Sensors)\", how does the webpage look like?

Best regards.

Created on Mar 16, 2017 1:18:24 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I've done that, and get a very long image! The image does appear to reflect the site. Yet still the loading time for the site is 0msec.

Created on Mar 16, 2017 1:31:06 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Then the website can be resolved. I think that issue is may caused by a bug in the sensor which is already fixed in one of the newer versions. Please update to the most recent version and check if the loading time is still 0 msec.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 16, 2017 1:41:00 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ah sorry, I thought it updated itself. Updating to 17.1.29.1531...

Created on Mar 16, 2017 1:43:58 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Okay, just come back with your result after the upgrade. If you have any further trouble do not hesitate and contact us via "[email protected]".

Best regards.

Created on Mar 16, 2017 1:50:32 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Having updated, the sensor now appears to be working correctly with Chromium. So it looks like all is OK, thanks for your help!

Created on Mar 16, 2017 2:22:25 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Great that it is working now, took a long time. But, enjoy your working sensor. :)

Created on Mar 16, 2017 7:40:19 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.