What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Need Help for a script

Votes:

Hello everyone,

I need your help to establish a script that allows me to receive information:

I explain: In the one hundred server that are supervised in PRTG, I have identified some disk spaces with a "Disque_Mine" tag. I need to do an extraction in order to quickly visualize these disks that are in Warning status and that this extraction also shows me the free bytes (in G-bytes) and the sum contained in the channels.

With my 1st order I get to have what I want except the channels in question. <My server> /api/table.xml?content=sensors&output=csvtable&columns=probe,device,sensor,objid,status,message&filter_status=4&filter_tags=@tag (Disque_Mine) With this one, I manage to get the desired channels: /api/table.csv?id=49753&content=channels&columns=objid,name,lastvalue

How do you combine the two to avoid using the second drive for each drive?

Is there anyone who could help me set up a script that would allow me to do this?

channel disk-free prtg script sensor windows

Created on Feb 8, 2017 10:42:12 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your KB-Post. Please understand that we cannot help with writing custom scripts. Hopefully the community can assist here.
Bear in mind, the "Last value" references the value of the primary channel each time. You are correct to be careful here as this may actually not be the drive then, which you are looking for. An alternative may be, to use separate sensors, one for each drive then. Then the relation is clear, and there is no risk to edit the wrong drive.

best regards-

Created on Feb 9, 2017 9:31:13 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.