What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general. You are invited to get involved by asking and answering questions!

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
300.000 administrators have chosen PRTG to monitor their network. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Change dependency of sensor to master through API

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Hello All,

I want to change the dependency type of a ping sensor to "Master object for Parent" through the API.

Can anyone tell me how to do this (I'm unable to find in the documentation how to do it).

Regards,

Janten

api dependency master-object

Created on Feb 8, 2017 1:35:17 PM by  janten (0) 1

4 Replies

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is not even an undocumented way to change the dependency of an an object via API. You actually can set the dependency to "Master Object", but you are unable to disable the inheritance of the "Schedules, Dependencies and Maintenance Window Options". This is intended to prevent users from breaking their PRTG Installations.

Best regards.

Created on Feb 8, 2017 1:44:20 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Hello,

How do you change the dependency to "Master Object" through the API?

Regards

Created on Feb 8, 2017 4:06:22 PM by  janten (0) 1

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Hi,

As described earlier, we will not release this API-Call as it could break your PRTG Installation if not used in the correct way. Additionally, it wouldn't save you time as you have to disable the inheritance manually for each changed object.

Best regards.

Created on Feb 9, 2017 6:37:16 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Your Vote:

Up

Down

Created on Mar 20, 2019 11:25:37 PM by  Chris Hailes (10)

Please log in or register to enter your reply.

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.