What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

report ssl sensor always gives "Not enough monitoring data"

Votes:

hi,

i try to run a once-per-month report over my ssl certificates, where i want to get the latest value of "Days to Expiration". in any setting of reported period i always end up in "Not enough monitoring data". if i check the sensors specifically, i can see the correct values for all sensors (if cross-checked with the actual cert.)

any idea what i am doing wrong?

best, sam

reports ssl-certificate sslcertexpiration

Created on Feb 9, 2017 1:10:14 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

What speaks against letting it check the certificate once a day? One value certainly is not enough for reports :( Does historic data work?

Created on Feb 10, 2017 10:52:20 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

one value is exactly what i need; i want to know the days to expiration at a certain time, and this over all my ssl cert. sensors. how to create a report that does this?

Created on Feb 13, 2017 6:11:33 AM

Votes:

I'll check on how to do it and let you know.

Created on Feb 14, 2017 7:30:55 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It's not possible to use reports with this little data. You'll have to use the historic data tab for those.

Created on Feb 15, 2017 7:48:11 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you Stephan for the answer. I guess I am doing something fundamentally wrong, here is what I do:

Reports -> Add Report -> Add Name -> Template: "Data Table (24h interval)" -> Not adding Sensors / Filters by Tag -> No Schedule -> Reported Period: Current -> Report Period Type: Day (same results with Week) -> No Percentiles -> No Data Files -> give needed Access Rights -> Continue -> Select Sensors Manually -> Add a sensor SSL (where i can see the historic Data if i browse to it) -> leave all the ticks on ->

I only get values if I chose "Last Month" as Quick Range, anything less gives no Data. Obviously the numbers I get for "Average (Days to Expiration)" are not what the report is needed for.

Is it just not possible to get only the last value in a report or am I screwing up here?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Created on Feb 15, 2017 10:36:18 AM

Votes:

It's simply not possible :/ If the interval of the sensor is larger than the report interval, it won't work. You'll have to use this way. Is the historic data tab of the sensor also not working for you?

Created on Feb 17, 2017 1:00:05 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have the same need, to run a report once a month that will show Cert Expirations (we have approx 500 SSL Cert sensors). I'm not sure what the "historic data tab" is in relation but I'm not seeing a way to pull this data..?

Created on Jan 14, 2020 3:12:40 PM

Votes:

When you open up the Sensor, there should be a tab "Historic Data", where you can run designated reports on that very Sensor. Do you see that tab, actually?

Created on Jan 15, 2020 8:39:56 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.