What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Error with Windows Server 2016 WMI

Votes:

I'm monitoring a couple of Windows Server 2016 machines and I'm getting intermittent 800706BA: The RPC server is unavailable errors.

It looks to be every other poll its showing the error put the rest of the time it brings back data. It's happening on CPU, Memory and Disk but is worst on Disk where it is pretty much 50% of the time.

It may not be related but when I'm trying to add "Hyper-V Cluster Shared Vol. Disk Free" it come back with the following error.

Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The WinRM client cannot process the request. Kerberos authentication cannot be used when the destination is an IP address. Specify a DNS or NetBIOS destination or specify Basic or Negotiate authentication. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.

Other non Server 2016 machines are fine on the same site.

2016 prtg server wmi-service

Created on Feb 9, 2017 1:20:09 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,

What scanning interval are you using for the affected WMI sensors? Please consider to increase it to at least 5 minutes. Please also have a look at our WMI-Troubleshooting guides: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/1043 https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/3713

Best regards.

Created on Feb 10, 2017 12:23:04 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.