What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

is it possible to add multiple devices at one time to existing group?

Votes:

I have a tree structure already in place and want to add more devices into already existing groups but would like to be able to add more than 1 device at a time.

The only way i see to add multiple devices at once with a list of names is to "Add Auto-Discovery Group"

this forces the creation of a new group, i then have to go in and move the devices out of the new group i was forced to create and then in to the group i want them in as opposed to just being able to add the devices straight into the desired group.

add-devices create move-devices

Created on Feb 13, 2017 3:45:10 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear jjmeek

If you manually add devices, only one can be created at a time. You could add an empty device and clone it, then change the properties of the clone. Cloning is also possible using the PRTG API. The API documentation is integrated in the web interface, Setup / PRTG API. The relevant parts are "HTTP API" and "Object Manipulation".

Created on Feb 14, 2017 7:43:50 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.