What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I set Root CPU Load Threshold

Votes:

Some time ago I changed the CPU Load Thresholds Upper warning to 25% and Upper Error to 50%. These settings were changed once and all sensors (existing and new) inherited this new setting.

I do not remember were in the interface I made this change.

I would now like to modify these values again to 55% and 60%.

I have spent many hours looking through the interface but can't find the root setting for these thresholds.

Please can you advise were to look?

Thanks

cpu root threshold

Created on Feb 13, 2017 4:55:39 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

This was probably set using multi edit :)

Created on Feb 13, 2017 9:15:30 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for replying.

I don't remember using multi edit, and this would have only set the values for existing sensors.

In this case all new sensors are also getting the 25% ,50% values.

Is there a template for the sensor that could be edited?

Created on Feb 14, 2017 10:08:11 AM

Votes:

Is it possible that you've used a device template to create them by any chance? On the root group perhaps?

Created on Feb 15, 2017 7:23:41 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.