What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disable alarm for group on sunburst map

Votes:

I have a group called VPNs and another one called Links, I did this to better organize the devices. I created a sunburst map to monitor all these devices. Inside the VPN for example I have dozens of devices, but I don't want the entire group VPN (inner circle on sunburst graph) to go red when only one VPN is down. If possible I would like that if 3 or more VPNs are down than the group VPN should go red, if that is not possible to configure then I would like the group VPN to never go red at all. How can I do that? Thanks

alarm prtg sunburst

Created on Feb 14, 2017 3:03:35 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Vinicius

The sunburst itself cannot be changed. It always inherits the worst status to the next layer.

But you can setup a Business Process Sensor to go into alarm state if a certain percentage of input sensors are down.

Created on Feb 14, 2017 7:57:28 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.