What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

NetFlow V9 not showing data

Votes:

I have setup my cisco 1905 according to KB article https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/563-do-you-have-any-configuration-tips-for-cisco-routers-and-prtg

I can then run the netflow tester NF9Test.exe on the device and I see the flow coming in with the ScrIP:# as active The templates received are 257 and 256, and I see numerous Decoded flows coming in.

I then create a netflow V9 sensor under the device but still have no Data after 10 minutes

I am doing something incorrectly? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1905 cisco netflow

Created on Feb 17, 2017 1:59:49 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for the KB-Post. Can you please share the screenshots of the Netflow v9 Tester running and getting working results? Please also share a screenshot showing the full setting of the Netflow v9 Sensor in PRTG.

In case you do not want to share these in public here, you can also send the screenshots via email with reference to this KB-Post.

thank you!

Created on Feb 20, 2017 10:09:47 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

i have currently the same Problem here: using v5 and v9 on different Cisco Switches (Nexus and 6808xl), Port 2055 + 2056, local Firewall configured netflow.

Nflow Tester v5 and v9 Shows incoming data, but PRTG sensor does not receive data.

???

Thanks for your Support!

Jürgen

Created on Sep 19, 2017 2:39:21 PM

Votes:

Hello Jürgen, please do send us screenshots from the Netflow Testers receiving data. as well as screenshots showing the full sensor settings via email to [email protected] with a reference to this KB-Post. Thank you.

Created on Sep 20, 2017 7:47:48 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.