What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Some sensors not showing up using Gauges Small map property

Votes:

Hello,

I am trying to build a map that monitors switch up/down state using the Device Tree Small map property. When I drag certain groups of devices onto the map, all of the ping sensors for the devices in question are shown. But other groups show only a couple ping sensors or none at all. Is there a device or sensor property that I need to change in order for that device's ping sensor to show up? Also, as a follow up, is there a way to append the name of the device before the sensor's name?

Thanks in advance.

gauges maps web-interface

Created on Feb 17, 2017 3:10:49 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Could you post a screenshot of what you mean? I don't really understand what you're trying to achieve :) As for the latter, that's not possible unfortunately.

Created on Feb 20, 2017 9:46:37 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

If I pull in one group of devices, all of the ping sensors show up. But for the second group, none of them are there. Each group contains the same type of devices.

Created on Feb 20, 2017 1:52:03 PM

Last change on Feb 20, 2017 7:13:45 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

You almost got me on this one - is it possible that they all have a ★★★☆☆ priority?
They should show up when you increase it to ★★★★☆ or ★★★★★ :)

Created on Feb 21, 2017 9:31:52 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 21, 2017 9:32:31 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Ryan Bove,

If you dont mind me asking, how did you create a single with multiple ping sensor like the screenshot you shared?

Created on Nov 28, 2019 9:37:49 AM

Votes:

That's under Device Tree Views | Gauges. There are multiple variants, all of them show Sensors according to their priority, so you'll need to configure them. Make sure to select a group in the left tree map panel when dragging this object onto the map.

Created on Nov 29, 2019 9:20:35 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.