What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Rolling warning timeouts

Votes:

Hi All,

We have encountered an issue, whereby the sensors now appear to be doing a periodic (randomly) timeout. It effects only one sensor on a device, but can effect multiple devices at one time.

I originally thought perhaps it was due to a network change I have made, but I have rolled that back and the issue is still persisting.

I am at a loss to work out why this would be occurring.

Has anyone seen this or experienced this before.

Thanks

Royce

probe prtg-network-monitor sensor warning

Created on Feb 20, 2017 1:43:30 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Royce,

Thank you very much for your knowledge base post.

Do you encounter the issue only with one specific sensor type or does this error affect multiple sensor on multiple devices? What sensor is affected and could you provide us a little more details about the error message? A screenshot of the Overview and Log tab of the affected sensor would be helpful for further analysis.

What version of PRTG are you currently running?

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Created on Feb 20, 2017 7:49:13 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

2/21/2017 10:15:57 AMSW_MWRC_CS1SNMP Traffic 64bit(118) To SW_Information_Systems TrafficWarningNo response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003)

Created on Feb 20, 2017 11:17:20 PM

Last change on Feb 21, 2017 7:37:01 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello VIT,

I edited some of your reply and limited the output to the relevant SNMP error (SNMP error # -2003).

The shown error indicates a timeout while receiving the data via SNMP. Please check your SNMP settings on the device and the device within PRTG. Please open the device's Settings tab and verify that the configuration under CREDENTIALS FOR SNMP DEVICES is set up properly.

Please allow us to review the SNMP results provided by your device, for this we'll need you to download our latest SNMP Tester (https://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester), run it on the PRTG Host (or host of the Remote Probe), and perform an "Walk" against the target device providing the OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.1 as parameter.
Kindly configure the Device's IP/Port and SNMP Credentials accordingly. Please send us the resulting log file (Save Log to File) from the Tester.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Created on Feb 21, 2017 7:54:21 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.