What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible to integrate a 1-Wire Multisensor into PRTG Miniprobe?

Votes:

Hello,

I'm currently trying to integrate a 1-Wire Multisensor into PRTG Miniprobe without success. Before this I tried another sensor which worked fine (Temperature DS18B20 via GPIO). The sensor showed up with correct Temperature on the PRTG Core Server which the RaspberryPi with the Miniprobe is connected to.

I configured the other Multisensor (WireGate 1-Wire - B-Serie V3.0 - Standard Line Temperature and Humidity) correctly. This sensor is connected via Busmaster DS9490R to the RaspberryPi. After running the "sudo python setup.py configure" command in Miniprobe i ran into an error: No such file or directory: '/sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/w1_master_slaves'. I have configured everything correctly, the only problem is that Miniprobe doesn't find the correct directory where the temperature and humidity data is stored in. I was able to gather the temperature and humidity data from the Multisensor via console with the command "owget".

I would like to collect temperature and humidity data from RaspberryPi via Multisensor onto the PRTG Core Server.

Thank you for your help!

1-wire ds18b20 hih-4031 humidity prtg prtg-core-server raspberrypi temperature

Created on Feb 27, 2017 4:49:26 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Have you seen https://<yourprgserver>/api.htm?tabid=9 (Setup > PRTG API) ?

"if the available HTTP push sensors are not sufficient for your needs, you can still use the Mini Probe API"

Looks like the API here is still under development and i think your requirement can be solved by a httppush-sensor. very easy

Why not using a CRON-Job to start a small script to read the values and simply us a WGET or similar to post it directly to the next PRTGProbe/Server ?

I do a lot with distributed HTTPPush_Sensors to reduce the footprint of Probes around. Especially in IoT environments.

Have a look at: blog.paessler.com: PRTG and Your Daily Life #1 - Ledunia, the Wi-Fi-Enabled IoT Dev Board

The ESP8266 is a great board to grab data like I2C, 1wire, etc and send HTTP-Posts to PRTG. And because there is no "operation System" on these devices, you do no have to patch a lot. And they can run on batteries for a long time.

Thin about a ESP8266 connected to 1Wire, waking up every 5 Minutes, measure the 1wire data, starts WiFi to send the data to PRTG and go back to a deep sleep. Can rund Months or even years with 3x AAA batteries.

Starting point ?

Frank

Created on May 6, 2018 12:10:52 PM

Last change on May 7, 2018 5:23:03 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.