What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can the install be done without auto discovery

Votes:

During the install process, auto discovery kicks off and cannot be stopped without fully loading the product. Can an install be performed where the auto discovery doesn't start? My security team forced me to shut down the server before I could get finished configuring and stop auto-discovery, as it generated a ton of searches and inquiries that appeared as an attack...

auto-discovery configuration installation

Created on Feb 27, 2017 8:29:06 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

Yes, you need to run the installer from commandline with an addtional parameter, see also:

Is it possible to do new installation without the automatic discovery

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Feb 27, 2017 9:11:31 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Awesome, am hoping some tags can be added to that one to have it show up easier in KNowledgebase searches, as I didn't find it through the first couple of pages of searching, but perhaps I used terms that weren't apparent.

Thanks again!

Created on Feb 27, 2017 9:19:20 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.