What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Coverage in a sensor report? (Report customization)

Votes:

I'm currently using a top Uptime/Downtime report template to show my critical KPI sensors. It has Uptime %, etc for the sensors I want but I need the "coverage" column as well.

It lets me add "coverage" to the columns list without error in the "statstable" report tag. The problem is that the column is empty for all of the sensors. I've tried to pull in the "knowntime" column which is listed as a sensor column in the api docs but even that does not contain data.

api custom-report reports

Created on Feb 27, 2017 8:57:44 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Phillip,

The "coverage" column can only be used for values, not devices or sensors. This is also described in the columns list of the API-Documentation (/api.htm?tabid=3). The "knowntime" column can only be used for the overall coverage of the sensor and not for specific time spans.
May I know what exact value you are trying to display?

Best regards.

Created on Feb 28, 2017 8:18:05 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm trying to show the not covered time (paused for maintenance maintenance) for a given report period per sensor. Preferably by coverage percentage.

If we run a "Table 1h" report for the same time period and for the exact subset of sensors, it shows the coverage percentage for the period in the average table (which is exactly what I want on the uptime table). It also shows the coverage percent for every 1 hr increment within the period, as well as a history at the bottom showing exactly when it was covered/not covered and for how long.

It's a simple calc which is definitely available for sensors during a specific time period. How do I get that calc into the uptime table?

Created on Feb 28, 2017 1:36:55 PM

Votes:

Hi Phillip,

Unfortunately, this object is an object which is only available in the report engine, but it can't be created for each individual sensor in a table as it is not a column. Maybe the "uptimetime" column could help you as it displays only the time when the sensor was up.

Best regards.

Created on Feb 28, 2017 1:56:22 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.