What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Maps - Refresh Rate

Votes:

Hi,

I'm testing PRTG and have a problem with the refresh time...

I have tested public and non-public maps, in both cases i have a map with iframe, this iframe updates it self every 60 seconds, the map update every 30 seconds causing malfunction in the iframe...even using the buttons on the right corner the map still updating every 30sec..

Another test was with a nonpublic map and a user configurated to update every 60 sec, the map still update in a different time..

Any sugestion?

Thanks

iframe map refresh-rate

Created on Mar 3, 2017 8:55:02 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

Dear Guilherme,

Thank you very much for your knowledge base post.

Do I understand you correctly, that you have an integrated iframe object which refreshes every 30 seconds in a PRTG map which refreshes every 60 seconds (or manually)? The iframe crashes each time the PRTG map is been refreshed?

First of all, please check if the refresh rate of the PRTG map causing no problems, if you add (e.g.) &interval=75 at the end of the URL for a refresh rate of 75 seconds.

What is the result?

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 6, 2017 2:04:38 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your reply,

Sorry, i'm learning english, this is not my native language.. Let me rephrase the question,

I have an integrated iframe object which refreshes every 30 seconds, the PRTG map also refreshes every 30 seconds, when the map refreshs the iframe is reloaded and don't refresh, i need the map to be refreshed in more time (e.g 60 seconds)...

&interval=75, i added this in the end of the URL and the map still refreshing every 30 seconds..

Created on Mar 6, 2017 2:23:37 PM

Votes:

Dear Guilherme,

Besides the iframe object, I'd like you to test the general behavior of PRTG. Please delete the embedded iframe object for test purposes. Afterwards, please open the PRTG map and add

&interval=10

at the end of the URL, for example:

http:/your-prtg-server/mapshow.htm?id=1234&interval=10

Does this change the refresh rate of your PRTG map to 10 seconds now?

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 7, 2017 5:40:14 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian,

Yes, it change...

I also did another test replacing the '&interval=10' with '&interval=60' and '&interval=75' and in both cases the refresh occur with 30sec...

Thanks

Created on Mar 7, 2017 12:06:58 PM

Votes:

Hello Guilherme,

Unfortunately, I am unable to recreate the described behavior in my PRTG installation. Please contact us via email to [email protected] and provide us some more details regarding your current configuration.

Please attach:

• a screenshot of the Map Designer tab
  • a screenshot of the Get HTML tab
  • a screenshot of the map including the maps's URL

Thank you in advance.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 7, 2017 12:20:22 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 7, 2017 12:20:33 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian,

Just for test i did a backup of prtg files, removed some htmls from C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\mapobjects and C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\mapobjects, after that i repair the installation and restart the server, everything seems so work fine now

Created on Mar 7, 2017 1:13:22 PM

Votes:

Hello Guilherme,

Well, this might not be the usual approach though but I'm glad you was able to improve the overall situation this way :D

Anyways, thank you very much for the information. I will not wait for your email contact now, however please don't hesitate to contact us again if you encounter any further issues.

Bye for now,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 7, 2017 1:30:29 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you very much for all the help with my PRTG Installation, PRTG is awesome!

Created on Mar 7, 2017 1:34:41 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.