What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

problem with install PRTG

Votes:

hi I installed PRTG on windos 7 sp1 32 bit. then I uninstalled it. now i can't install it again. the error code is: An error occurred while trying to read the source file: the source file "C:\User\...\appdata\local\temp\is-EQHVF.tmp\probe\{aap}\PRTGProbeUpdate.exe" does not exist

I have used four different setup file type. but in all of them, i have this error

-- installation prtg

Created on Mar 6, 2017 7:36:28 AM

9 Replies

Votes:

Could you post the actual installer filename, please?

Created on Mar 6, 2017 7:38:59 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I didn't understand, what did you say, I used "PRTG Network Monitor 17.1.29.1427 Setup (Stable)" file.

Created on Mar 7, 2017 12:32:26 PM

Votes:

Sorry, I meant the filename of the PRTG setup, but I assume it's PRTG Network Monitor 17.1.29.1427 Setup (Stable).exe?

Created on Mar 7, 2017 12:39:55 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yeah, that's right

Created on Mar 8, 2017 5:22:22 AM

Votes:

Any antivirus applications that might block the installer? Did you try to run it as administrator?

Created on Mar 8, 2017 9:57:01 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Sisi,

Do you have try to save the setup file on your desktop before to run it.

We can see that setup try to run in a "temp area". Like had write Stephan, if you have an antivirus, this area can be problematic.

Created on Mar 8, 2017 1:44:51 PM

Votes:

I have tried both of them, I disabled My antivirus, aslo I run file on my hard

Created on Mar 11, 2017 12:35:29 PM

Votes:

Could you try to run it in a different user account?

Created on Mar 13, 2017 10:19:58 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Could you try to run the binary file in a different computer?

Created on Mar 13, 2017 10:48:31 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.