What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor network folder setting

Votes:

Hi I have created an Map Network Drive with H:(
salesmanager\monthly$) on the Device:10.0.9.201. I don't know how to set the paths in Field:Folder Name

I try lots keywors,it just say:"Cannot access folder: The folder doesn't exist (code: PE032)". keywords just like H:\ or monthly$ or

salesmanagermonthly$or

H:|monthly$ ......

What should the Paths then be ? thanks!

best regards~

folder network prtg

Created on Mar 8, 2017 7:06:57 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

The path to the folder is the UNC path. So if the folder has it own share name (e.g. customers), then use "$customers". If the folder is somewhere on the computer, then use: "$H\folder\customers\". To test this, connect to the PRTG Core Server (or remote probe) and try to enter the remote folder via the explorer: "\ \SERVER\SHARE\FOLDER\", then just use the part behind "\ \SERVER\" in the sensor settings.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 9, 2017 8:46:54 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thanks for reply, but still not working...

Device setting: CREDENTIALS FOR WINDOWS SYSTEMS

Domain or Computer Name: 10.0.9.201

username:prtg_mon

Password: ***

it can open the folder to Map Network Drive(H) while I input " ||salesmanager\monthly$ in IE browser, with Domain userID: thsbank\a012345 ;

password:**

so I used the part behind "\ \SERVER\" in the sensor settings: monthly$ then try other keywords,

message still say:"Last Message: Cannot access folder: The folder doesn't exist (code: PE032)"

what's problem with my setting?

Created on Mar 9, 2017 1:33:30 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

So you are able to open "\ \10.0.9.201\salesmanager\monthly$" via the Windows-Explorer on the PRTG Core Server or Remote Probe?

Created on Mar 9, 2017 6:41:34 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Dariusz:

10.0.9.201 is local host...
salesmanager\monthly$ maps to H: Network Disk...

so I add device: 10.0.9.201 , add folder sensor to monitor the network disk(H)

it should be notice affected user while link lost(down), but can not work till now.

Created on Mar 10, 2017 7:12:19 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

You could try the "WMI Share" sensor as it would suit the needs to monitor a share much better.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 10, 2017 7:34:43 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I tried "WMI share" still can not work... I don't understand what's problem with my operation.

it detect the localhost(10.0.9.201) share folder.. but I want to monitor Network Drive(H), it doesn't list about H Drive or monthly$.

thanks !!

best regards~

Created on Mar 10, 2017 8:46:32 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Where did you added the sensors to? Please create a new device within PRTG and enter the according DNS-Name or IP-Address and Windows credentials (this has nothing to do with localhost, as the localhost for PRTG is either the Core Server or Remote Probe itself). Afterwards add the sensors again, does it work? If not, please contact us via:
https://shop.paessler.com/en/openticket

Best regards.

Created on Mar 10, 2017 9:06:13 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.