What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Down Sensor order

Votes:

Hello!

I have a prtg map that shows Down Sensors and it's sort by "down for" column. The first item is the oldest sensor down. I really need sort it by the newest sensor down.

How can I do that?

Thank you!

Sena

down-for maps maps-editor sort-by

Created on Mar 9, 2017 1:17:33 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi there,

I assume that you are using the "DOWN Sensors" map object under "Data Tables", correct? If so, then open the "tableA1.htm" file on the PRTG Core Server, located under "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\mapobjects\", change line 13 to:

columns="sensor,status,lastvalue,minigraph,priority,favorite,probegroupdevice,message,downtimesince"

and line 14 to:

sortby="-downtimesince"

This way the table will be sorted by the downtimesince and the newest alarm will be on top.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 14, 2017 11:32:21 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

6 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

What exact map-icon did you used? If you are using a custom one, please forward us the map objects source code.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 9, 2017 1:31:29 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, thanks for your reply. It is a default data table alarms map.

Created on Mar 13, 2017 5:27:47 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi there,

I assume that you are using the "DOWN Sensors" map object under "Data Tables", correct? If so, then open the "tableA1.htm" file on the PRTG Core Server, located under "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\mapobjects\", change line 13 to:

columns="sensor,status,lastvalue,minigraph,priority,favorite,probegroupdevice,message,downtimesince"

and line 14 to:

sortby="-downtimesince"

This way the table will be sorted by the downtimesince and the newest alarm will be on top.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 14, 2017 11:32:21 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. That is right, it is a DOWN sensors map under data tables. I've already did that editing before posting here. Take a look:

columns="downtimesince,device,sensor,message"

sortby="downtimesince"

Even editing like that, the first collumn shows the oldest alarms on the top.

Thanks

Sena

Created on Mar 14, 2017 12:48:54 PM

Votes:

Hi Sena,

You are using:

sortby="downtimesince"

My solution is using:

sortby="-downtimesince"

Please note the additional "-" in front of the column name. :)

Best regards.

Created on Mar 14, 2017 1:01:44 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

wow! I am sorry! I didn't notice that. It works!

Thank you so much!!! =D

Created on Mar 14, 2017 1:39:45 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.