What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HTTP FULL WEB PAGE SENSOR

Votes:

Hi all,
i'm a new bie with PRTG and trying to monitor website loading time such as example below:

Already setup 4 type of HTTP sensor and here return result below

1.HTTP Full Web Page Chromium	:	1,014 msec
2.HTTP Full Web Page PhantomJS	:	999 msec
3.HTTP Full Web Page IE		:	640 msec
4.HTTP				:	568 msec

When i measure the network performance of your web application using the chrome-devtools Network panel. In the Network panel tab, at a glance this pane tells you the total number of requests, amount of data transferred, and load times are:

So the result of HTTP FULL WEB PAGE SENSOR is the "DOMContentLoaded" value? How can i get the Summary of total loading time of all contents as "Finish" value?

http-full-web-page loading-time prtg

Created on Mar 11, 2017 4:51:00 PM

Last change on Mar 13, 2017 1:12:59 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Dear nganbh,

Thank you very much for your knowledge base post.

I just tried to recreate your described behavior. Indeed, different engines will produce different results, however mine vary in size from 68 msec to a maximum of 515 msec.

Please allow me to discuss your request with a responsible developer. I'll post again as soon as there are any news regarding this case. Please note that this may take a couple of days depending on the developer's schedule, rest assured that we will not close your case without contacting you again.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 13, 2017 2:18:52 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Dear nganbh,

As already assumed the different engines calculate the time in different ways not necessarily result the same values as DOMContentLoaded.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 14, 2017 1:42:34 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian,

Have any way for config for get result as the "Finish Time"? Thanks! NganBH

Created on Mar 14, 2017 1:52:18 PM

Votes:

Dear nganbh,

Unfortunately, is it not possible to monitor the shown Finish Time of the Google Chrome Dev Tools. The HTTP Full Web Page sensor monitors only the time it takes to load the HTML, css, js, ... content using the DOMContentLoaded.

PRTG does not monitor how long the execution of the js takes, I'm sorry.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 14, 2017 2:48:23 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.