What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Dashboard Map loading after server restart

Votes:

I have a dashboard map running on a RaspberryPi on a big TV, which is working great. However, if the server is restarted or the connection is lost and the dashboard refreshes, it just shows "Loading..." at the top, even after the server has become available again. Is there a way to get the dashboard to keep retrying every minute or so, even if it fails a couple of times?

loading maps prtg

Created on Mar 13, 2017 12:12:42 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for the KB-Post. Just to check, are you using a public Map there? What is the exact setup? Which browser is used on the Pi to display the map?

best regards.

Created on Mar 14, 2017 11:43:58 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

Yes it is a public map with no login. I'm using Firefox 45.2.0. PRTG version 17.1.28.1032

To recreate:

1. Load the map in the browser
  2. Stop PRTG service
  3. Wait for map to refresh
  4. Loading... will appear at top of browser page
  5. Restart PRTG service
  6. Map needs to be manually refreshed to make it work again

Thanks, Paul

Created on Mar 14, 2017 1:47:30 PM

Last change on Mar 15, 2017 9:15:33 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Strange. We do not see this on our installations here, that use maps from PRTG directly. We also have custom dashboards running, that do not display PRTG maps directly. On the custom dashboards we enforce the refresh with the following html-code.

<head>
    <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="60">
</head>

You could look into writing this into the C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\includes\htmlheader.htm to enforce it your way.

Created on Mar 15, 2017 9:52:19 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

It would also be really interesting if this issue also happens with Chrome. Would it be possible to test this?

best regards.

Created on Mar 28, 2017 2:38:23 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I've just tried Chrome on my desktop and it works! When the connection is lost the browser changes to "Map Refresh Failed" and then when connection is back it refreshes correctly.

Probably unrelated and doesn't seem to cause any other problems, but both browsers get a 401 error trying to connect to: /api/sensortypesinuse.json?simpleobject=true

Thanks, Paul

Created on Apr 5, 2017 3:51:55 PM

Votes:

I've just tried the API call here on my PRTG and it worked fine, when being logged into PRTG. Could it be that simply the credentials were not added to the api-call?

Created on Apr 6, 2017 8:35:20 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It's a public map, so there are no login credentials!

Created on Apr 6, 2017 8:46:43 AM

Votes:

The API-Call definitely needs credentials though.

Created on Apr 6, 2017 9:05:30 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.