What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor Status Historical Reprot

Votes:

I'm looking to create a single report (preferably an excel spreadsheet) of the date/time several specific sensors go into a "down state" and the date/time of when those same sensors go into an "up state".

historic-data reports sensor

Created on Mar 13, 2017 2:32:53 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

You could do an XML export of the table you find in each senso's "Log" tab (xml export is located at the table's bottom end), since this logs events like when a sensor went down and came up again.

Furthermore here's an approach triggering each time a script notification that writes into a text file when the particular sensor went into down state to keep track of it.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Mar 13, 2017 2:53:38 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Regarding the link you referenced; that's good to know for future data moving and will certainly research that. However your first suggestion

Unfortunately your first suggestion not only isn't going to provide me the data I need (it only goes as far back as 2/28 and I need from much further that) it would require me to go into each individual sensor one by one. This is not what I'm looking to accomplish.

Created on Mar 13, 2017 3:06:20 PM

Votes:

Another thing I forgot to mention is Logs | Status Changes | Up&Down in PRTG's menubar. You can define the date range and have also an xml export. That's about it, there is no other automated report for this besides the mentioned options I'm afraid.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Mar 14, 2017 10:05:12 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.