What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor Factory with Cluster, failover data not read

Votes:

Good Afternoon all,

I have a 2-node cluster, East (primary) and West (failover). I also have a number of external remote probes in AWS. I have created a Sensor Factory that looks at a sensor in each of my AWS Probes with the sensor set for AWS1 AND AWS2, where aws1 and aws2 must be down for the Factory Sensor to alarm as down. I've completed that successfully and now I want to bring up the sensor factory on my West failover node. It is present and the sensor factory is reporting up, however the icon is grey with '?' and the error states :

Unknown - All source channels have no data.

My cluster nodes are connected via DNS hostnames, all resolve correctly, and the external probes have static NAT rules and hostnames that correctly resolve to the Public IP's.

cluster remote-probe sensorfactory

Created on Mar 13, 2017 9:25:03 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Please make sure that all sensors used in the Factory Sensor and the Factory Sensor itself are having the same scanning interval. Is this the case?

Best regards.

Created on Mar 14, 2017 12:03:38 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Actually, I resolved the issue 10 minutes after submitting the OP. My public dns address was not entered correctly. Once I fixed this then both sensors went green. Thanks for the timely response!

Created on Mar 14, 2017 12:59:16 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Great that you were able to solve the issue by yourself. Have a nice day. :)

Created on Mar 14, 2017 1:02:49 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.