What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sms setting

Votes:

Hi i want connect my sms panel to prtg for if one of my links offline or my recive bandwidh over a number send sms to me how can i setup this?

my webservice sms is?

http://37.130.202.188/class/sms/webservice/send_url.php?from=fromnumber&to=yourtdestnumber&msg=yourmsg&uname=youruname&pass=yourpass

notifications prtg snmp

Created on Mar 14, 2017 8:57:04 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

To use custom SMS-Urls use the following guide as an example configuration (for Clickatell) under "More via Custom URL":
https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/34213-how-do-i-send-sms-with-prtg-using-a-clickatell-account

Basically you just have to add your custom URL with the %SMSNUMBER and %SMSTEXT placeholder under "Setup > System Administration > Notification Delivery".

Best regards.

Created on Mar 14, 2017 12:26:45 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi i do this but i get:

Error sending "SMS": Number=+989155967113, Message=HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden (Sensor/Source/ID: 2024/2024/2)

but i can use that url on my browser corectly

Created on Mar 14, 2017 1:03:48 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

"403 Forbidden" indicates an error with the authentication. Please make sure that you have changed "&uname=youruname&pass=yourpass" in your URL accordingly. Please also test the URL from the PRTG Core Server itself instead of your local client.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 14, 2017 1:45:03 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I test url on my browser and its ok but prtg error

Created on Mar 15, 2017 9:47:44 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

So you tested the URL via a browser on the PRTG Core Server? If yes, then I am afraid that there is something wrong on your end as the server itself is unable to reach the SMS API.

Created on Mar 15, 2017 10:16:47 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.