What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can't we have Custom Headers for HTTP Data Advanced sensor?

Votes:

Currently we are in a process of generating JSON outputs through our service calls. So we decided to use HTTP Data Advanced Sensor. However our services using custom headers for authentication. Then we discovered that HTTP Data Advanced Sensor is not supporting Custom Headers. Since we want to populate multiple channels using our JSON outputs, "HTTP Advanced Sensor" is not going to work with us, which is supporting "Custom Headers". Any suggestions to get overcome our scenario? Can we have custom headers for HTTP Data Advanced Sensor?

custom-headers http-data-advanced prtg

Created on Mar 21, 2017 7:18:33 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Would it be possible for you to use HTTP Push Data (Advanced) sensors instead? This means that the device itself has to call the corresponding URL.

Created on Mar 22, 2017 7:21:52 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the reply. I think it's not going to work because of the security practices we are following. Is there any possibility to integrate HTTP Advanced sensor, 'Custom Header' handling functionality to HTTP Data Advanced Sensor? If this happened, it would be great. Since we are using your sensors actively in PRODUCTION also, can I submit a feature request for this?

Created on Mar 22, 2017 8:44:07 PM

Votes:

Given that the demand for this is rather low, I wouldn't bet my hat on it being implemented. But consider your vote counted.

Created on Mar 23, 2017 9:53:00 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Count my vote. Hoping to see it soon!

Created on Mar 23, 2017 7:47:47 PM

Votes:

How much would it cost if we paid for the development of this feature?

Created on Mar 27, 2017 4:42:48 AM

Votes:

We don't do paid development. You'll just have to wait on this one. Shouldn't take too long according to the development ticket which has been opened already ;)

Created on Mar 27, 2017 6:39:58 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 27, 2017 6:41:06 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Perfect, thanks for the update.

Created on Mar 27, 2017 11:02:22 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.