What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Create a map-object for channel data, similar to 'Status Only (Transparent) XL'

Votes:

My question relates to creating custom map-objects, and the associated CSS entries in styles-custom.css.

I would like to present data from a particular sensor's channels in a map-object similar to the factory 'Status Only (Transparent) XL' map object.

Status Only Trans

But instead of how that aggregates multiple sensors and their overall status, I would like to get the data from channels of one sensor.

The particular sensor in question, provides several channels with integer values to represent various statuses and their counts of objects with that status:, i.e.:

Sensor Channels

Can you please advise how I can modify an existing map-object or create a new one, to:

a) Include the particular SVG image files used by the Status Only map-object i.e. url(/icons/icon_up.svg, down, warning etc) in the map-object. b) Have them only appear when the value of one of the channels is -gt 0 c) List the value of the channels next to the IMG file, similar to how the status only map-object does for sensors. d) Likewise, have values only appear when greater than zero.

css map-objects maps prtg

Created on Mar 23, 2017 9:34:41 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the map object can't be used for single channels. Additionally, it wouldn't be enough to just change the HTML and CSS of a map object as there is no Status-Map-Plugin for separate channels. This would require good knowledge of JavaScript, the PRTG Backend-API, CSS and HTML. You could use the "Channels of a Sensor" object under "Data Tables" instead.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 28, 2017 5:48:48 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.