What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Importing MIBs

Votes:

I have used the import tool and both saved the file and copy/pasted it into the MIB folder as well as on the machine installed the importer and saved for PRTG. I tried creating a new monitor but cannot find the ReadyNAS mib that I created.

What am I missing?

importing mibs prtg

Created on Mar 23, 2017 1:33:12 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there and thank you for your post. Please refer to Step 3.5 of the following guide:

Once the MIB was imported, it will produce an *.oidlib file. This file should be copied to the following folder to be used when deploying a new SNMP Library Sensor:

C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\snmplibs\

It should not be mistaken with the MIB folder. The MIB folder in the other hand is intended for use with the SNMP Custom Table or SNMP Trap Receiver sensors:

C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\MIB\

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Mar 24, 2017 12:16:18 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hello,

I followed the above info. When I select SNMP library and then find the ReadyNAS

SNMP Library ~ ReadyNAS

I get this error:

SNMP Error

Not sure where to go from here.

Created on Apr 3, 2017 7:14:12 PM

Last change on Apr 4, 2017 6:57:12 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hello,
thank you for your reply.

It sounds like you've done everything correctly but the "No such Object (SNMP Error #222)" translates as "The OID's polled by this MIB file are not available on this device". Are you certain that your device supports this MIB?

This can be tested by doing the following:

1. Download our latest SNMP Tester.
  2. Run the tester on the PRTG Host/Probe, enter the SNMP Credentials and select the Walk test, then use the following OID's as parameter for the walk
    1. 1.3.6.1.4.1.4526.18.3
    2. 1.3.6.1.4.1.4526.18.4
    3. 1.3.6.1.4.1.4526.18.5
    4. 1.3.6.1.4.1.4526.18.7
  3. Check whenever there was a reply (you'll see entries coming up on the right side of the tester). If there is no reply to these queries, it confirms that the device isn't responding to the OID's from the READYNAS-MIB.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Apr 4, 2017 7:03:37 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.