What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SSH Disk Free (no channel)

Votes:

I was having problems with a SSH Disk Free sensor for one of my Linux machines. I tried removing the sensor and re-adding it. When I added it, I lost all of my channels and any ability to add channels. When I clicked the Channels tab in the sensor it stated that with the recent update, it no longer provides the channel tab. So I went to the gear icon (Edit Channel Settings) and only had the option to select Total (ID -1) and Downtime (ID -4). I used to have around 10 channels... is there a method to add them back? Thanks.

channel channels disk-free downtime prtg sensor ssh total

Created on Mar 28, 2017 8:52:09 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

During the creation of the sensor, did you choose all available partitions? If not, please do so to monitor all partitions.

What exact channels did you had before the deletion? What metrics did they show?

Best regards.

Created on Mar 29, 2017 10:31:08 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Dariusz,

There was no option to choose any partitions or any channels when I manually added the sensor. The only configurations I can change are Basic Sensor Settings, SSH Specific, and Scanning Interval.

The channels I had were: Downtime Free Bytes / Free Bytes /boot Free Bytes /home Free Bytes /mnt/<servername> Free Space / Free Space /boot Free Space /home Free Space /mnt/<servername> Total

Also, after I created the sensor I unchecked Inherit From under Channel Unit Configuration in Settings and there are no configurable channels available.

Created on Mar 29, 2017 8:11:38 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Okay, thats really unfortunate. Please run the following command on the Linux Host and post the output:

lsblk

Best regards.

Created on Mar 30, 2017 6:03:26 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.