What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Local Probe is disconnected permanently

Votes:

Hi, i have installed PRTG (latest version) on my PC to Test PRTG. We recognized a problem as descibed in the Title, the local probe will stay disconnect. I have restarted the PC several times and followed the one and only guide i could find on the KB.

The first Time ive met the problem i just re-installed the PRTG to be sure its nothing about the installation. Now i have the same problem on my second installation.

The PC has been turned off today at 04:31 and the last time the problem has occured it was like the same, after shutting down and starting the computer again (like 3 hours later) the local probe was disconnected and never came back :(.

The PRTG is a fresh installation running 4-5hrs before shutting down the Computer and turning it on next day. I would not like to re-install PRTG everyday so please provide me some help.

disconnected help localprobe probe prtg

Created on Mar 30, 2017 6:43:59 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

We will need some more information and log files from your PRTG. Please open a support ticket so we will continue troubleshooting there. Please refer to this KB article in the ticket.

Thank you

Created on Mar 30, 2017 9:07:37 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.