What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Setting up SNMP for Windows for bandwidth monitoring

Votes:

Hi I am trying to monitor bandwidth using SNMP on a windows machine. I found this article https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/663-how-do-i-install-the-snmp-service-on-windows-systems which tells how to enable the Service which I have done but PRTG can't connect to it. I get a message saying

Sensor does not get response from device. SNMP credentials are wrong or device does not support the required uptime OID (1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0) for traffic sensors. I am using 2012 R2.

I have left the default credentials as public and port 161

Thanks

bandwidth prtg snmp windows windows2012

Created on Apr 5, 2017 10:24:03 AM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Sorted!

Needed to put the ip address of prtg server in the host list on the security tab.

I am now having a problem adding a new community name. The add, edit and remove options are greyed out and ideally I don't want to be using public.

Created on Apr 5, 2017 2:49:16 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.