What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG network monitor restrict access to website by source IP

Votes:

I have a PRTG installation on a public IP address. It is configured HTTPs but we only access it from one office with a fixed IP address. We would like to restrict it so that if other Internet users go to our installation they do not see the PRTG logon page. For various reasons it is difficult for us to add this restriction using a firewall. If the PRTG website was running in IIS we could easily add a source IP restriction but I can't see a way to do that in the Paessler configuration? Is it possible ? If not can you add the feature ? I think it would improve security if the website was only visible to people with valid logons.

ip prtg restriction website

Created on Apr 12, 2017 10:36:44 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

One option to increase the security level of access to the PRTG is to create a VPN in your Firewall and to release PRTG IP access only to users who are connected to the VPN.

Zarate Max

Created on Apr 12, 2017 4:01:26 PM

Votes:

Hello David,
thank you for your reply.

PRTG uses a proprietary web-server, at the moment it is not possible to implement any sort of IP-based security, but we don't discard the option of implementing this sort of security/filtering for the webserver in the future.

Keep in mind that for now, you could also use the "Windows Firewall" to only allow access on port (80, 443) from specific source IP's.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Apr 13, 2017 11:09:26 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.