What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can't import Axis MIB

Votes:

I'm trying to import the Axis MIB files. When I import the AXIS-ROOT-MIB it seems to import ok, then I import the AXIS-VIDEO-MIB and it fails because it refers to the AXIS-ROOT-MIB and can't see it. How do I import the AXIS-ROOT-MIB correctly so the other MIB can see it? I've used importer v2 and v3 and get the same issue with both.

axis mib snmp

Created on Apr 13, 2017 10:37:30 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Some MIBs require data from other MIBs. So please make sure that you have all MIBs in the same folder. If not, then you can surely download the required MIBs from your vendors website. If you can't seem to find it, please ask your device vendor.

Best regards.

Created on Apr 17, 2017 7:32:18 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

If it helps anyone, here's what I did to get the Axis MIB's to import.

- Add the file extenstion .mib to both files you get from Axis. You should now have an AXIS-ROOT-MIB.mib and an AXIS-VIDEO-MIB.mib - Open the AXIS-VIDEO-MIB.mib file with notepad and find "FROM AXIS-ROOT-MIB" (It should be on the first line). Change it to "AXIS-ROOT-MIB.mib" and then save the changes. (Do not add quotes) - The Paessler import tools should import the AXIS-VIDEO-MIB file now.

Created on Apr 27, 2020 12:20:28 PM

Votes:

Correction to my earlier post: Simply add the file extension .mib to both of the files and then import. No need to modify the AXIS-VIDEO-MIB file.

Created on Apr 27, 2020 2:51:01 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.