What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

CONFIGURE CUSTOM PORT FOR WMI SENSOR

Votes:

On my environment, we have been change default ports for some of the server services. In that way, when we try to use a WMI Sensor from the PGRT console, we get an error indicate some issue when trying to connect with the server.

Who can I indicate in the group or in the device the custom port we are using. The WMI / Windows Credentials tab do not permit to change the password.

port sensor wmi

Created on Apr 13, 2017 7:38:59 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear auribe,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to configure a custom WMI port, because WMI-based sensor revert to a dynamic port range, usually between 1024-5000. We have no influence in binding specific ports, I'm sorry.

Please check the Basic requirements section of this knowledge base post for further information.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Apr 17, 2017 11:10:33 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the post.

In this case, I need to open the port range 1024-5000. And what happen with RPC port, I have to use the default port 135, or it's possible to customize this port.

Regards,

Created on Apr 17, 2017 12:11:18 PM

Votes:

Exactly, 1024-5000 for DCOM and 135 for the RPC server connection.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Apr 17, 2017 12:15:18 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.