What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Licence

Votes:

Can i install 2 central PRTG servers with 1 licence ? I mean, i readed that paessler recomend to use 30 probes per server, so if i have to install 70+ probes i have to buy 2 different licences to mount 2 servers ?

licence license licensing

Created on Apr 18, 2017 3:26:26 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your KB-post.

All commercial PRTG licenses (except PRTG XL5) allow you to install only one standalone PRTG Core Server (or one PRTG Cluster that consists of one Master and one Failover), and theoretically unlimited number of Remote Probes. However, for performance and stability reasons, our recommendation is to stay below 30 Remote Probes per installation.

So, you can install 70+ Remote Probes with one license, but beware that in some cases, too many Probe connections might affect performances of the Core Server.

Best regards

Created on Apr 19, 2017 1:09:58 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Paessler Support

What about PRTG XL5 unlimited, one XL5 license required for four servers (main and backup). Correct ?

Created on May 19, 2019 11:12:08 AM

Votes:

Hey Sam,

with a XL5 license, you can run 5 PRTG Core Servers in standalone mode or up to 10 Cluster nodes in different setups.

For instance:

• 5x 2-node-cluster
  • 2x 2-node-cluster and 2x 3-node-cluster
  • 2x 4-node-cluster and 1x 2-node-cluster
  • 1x 5-node-cluster, 2x 2-node-cluster and one standalone instance

Best regards,
Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Created on May 20, 2019 7:46:30 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.