What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

UI feature request: Adding devices and sessors similar to xmind

Votes:

I have been using xmind for some time now and love how easy and simple it is to add, move, modify, tag, flag etc topics and subtopics. Just a recommendation to check it out. One of the first things I noticed using xmind was how useful it would be to be this quick in PRTG. I am sure there are other software similar but xmind is the only one I have experience in.

interface keyboard seamless shortcuts speed user xmind

Created on Apr 20, 2017 6:03:36 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear bfisk

Thank you for your feedback. While we are working on the interface, we will continue with the current approach for the foreseeable future. There are some requests for alternative interfaces, but we don't want to implement two methods and rather have just one (well-tested, easy-to-understand) method.

That being said, we know that especially for larger installations, the current interface does not provide the optimal view of the network. However, there is no easy solution which covers all use cased and network sizes. We continue to explore alternatives, but for the time being, the current input method will stay.

Created on Apr 24, 2017 2:12:50 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.