What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Auto Discovery with Template Error reading (Bad Request 400)

Votes:

Hello

When I try to run an "Auto Discovery with Template", a built-in one or my own one I got the exact following message:

Error reading data from server (HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request 400).

Could someone tell me what's wrong with my settings ?

Thanks for your input.

Yann

auto-discovery bad-request error template

Created on Apr 21, 2017 2:30:03 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Okay

I tried with the web interface and from there it works.

Created on Apr 24, 2017 1:04:48 PM

Votes:

Hi Yann, thank you for the KB-Post, so was the first try from the Enterprise Console then?

Created on Apr 24, 2017 1:55:59 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes the first try was from the Enterprise Console.

But I also tried directly from the Enterprise Console in the server and from there it works as well.

Created on Apr 24, 2017 2:46:36 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid there is a bug in the Enterprise Console when working with templates and the Auto-Discovery, which may prevent the Auto-Discovery from starting. We plan to fix this as part of a larger overhaul of the Console, so please bear with us.

Created on Apr 25, 2017 7:51:38 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.