What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Adding "Last OK" to Sensor Overview

Votes:

Hello,

I think I might already no the answer but I'll give it a shot.

We use PRTG mainly to check customer backups via an IMAP Sensor that checks the latest E-Mails for their content, their time, etc. Now some backups only run on the weekend and to prevent wrong "FAIL"-statuses we use the time schedule. But by that, during the week (our working time), we can't see in the overview if the last check was OK/FAIL or anything, because the sensor is "Paused". So to see if the last backup was ok, we have to click in every single paused sensor and look at the "Last Ok".

Is there any way to add a column at the sensor overview (when clicking on all paused sensors) that reads the "Last Ok" of the sensors? Or any other workaround to see all the "Last Oks" at once?

Thank you very much.

Best regards, Sommer

imap last-ok overview paused week

Created on Apr 24, 2017 9:58:09 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Are you referring to the "Last Up"? :)
In that case, you can have a list of sensors of this type sorted by lastup. Something like:

/sensors.htm?filter_type=imap&columns=device,sensor,status,message,lastvalue,lastup&sortby=lastup

Adding it to the interface however would require customization, our suggestion is that you set the URL above as "home" for your users, this way they can see this list when they select "Home" (or upon logging-in)

You could also tag all "backup related" sensors and use a filter_tags instead of filter_type.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Apr 24, 2017 11:33:14 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Yes I meant the "Last Up", it's actually "Last Ok" in german if translated directly. ;)

Thats exactly what I wanted. Thank you very much. :)

Created on Apr 24, 2017 11:41:02 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.