What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Core Server Service Won't Start

Votes:

The PRTG Administrator Tool shows error;

Could not start webserver for http://127.0.0.1:8443: Access violation at address 0000000000FAC9BC in module 'PRTG Server.exe' Read of address 0000000000000058.

I have tried the various options of replacing the PRTG Configuration.dat and gone as far back as the beginning of this year but the error persists. The address may be slightly different, I can't recall, but the error message is identical.

Could you please advise?

core-server prtg service

Created on Apr 25, 2017 7:45:46 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your KB post.

For this kind of issue it is necessary to check the log files from your PRTG.

Please open a support ticket (send an email to [email protected]) so we will continue troubleshooting there. Please refer to this KB article in the ticket.

Thank you

Created on Apr 25, 2017 8:37:38 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Just for others information support asked me to replace the current config with when it was last working and run the installer again.

Software launches fine now and still has all our settings configured as before.

Created on Apr 26, 2017 2:16:09 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.