What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Libraries - Using plus (+) or alternatively an AND operator

Votes:

I'm setting up a library for the purpose of notifications and want each node to include 2 tags: TagA AND TagB. If I just enter those tags I get sensors that have either TagA OR TagB. The documentation indicates I can use a plus (+) sign for tags that MUST be included, but that doesn't seem to be working. If I enter just +TagA (or +TagA; +TagB) I get no sensors on that node, and if I was to guess it looks like its looking for sensors with the tag "+TagA"

What am I doing wrong to use the + on a tag? Is there another way to say TagA AND TagB?

library nodes tags

Created on Apr 25, 2017 6:07:46 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

You'll need to use + for both tags, that'll do:
[+TagA] [+TagB]

Created on Apr 26, 2017 5:53:47 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 26, 2017 5:53:56 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I certainly tried that, but it wasn't working which is why I made this post. However, I think I found the issue. If I just type "+TagA" <enter>, then type "+TagB" <enter> it doesn't work. I have to type in "TagA" and select it from the list of tags, and once that tag is added I can go back and add the (+). Then do the same with TagB.

Created on Apr 26, 2017 4:22:39 PM

Votes:

Are you using the Tags or Tags Filter field in the map options? The latter one is the correct one and will work as expected. You'll need to finish entering the tag with the tab button and then click the field again to add another tag.

Created on Apr 26, 2017 8:15:50 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I was using the Tags Filter on the library. You are right that you need to enter the tag name then tab (or start entering and select from list). The issue is you cant do that using a pre-pending (+), so first you have to enter/select the tag, then go back and add the (+) after.

Created on Apr 26, 2017 8:47:00 PM

Votes:

You can enter [t][a][g] and go to the beginning of the word using the Pos1 key as well. That should make it easier :)

Created on Apr 27, 2017 8:26:33 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.