What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Send to Back / Bring to Front Not Working in Map Designer

Votes:

I am creating a map and trying to layer a custom map object on top of an object (Light grey box with black border in this case). The "Send to Back" or "Bring to Front" button doesn't seem to work anymore. It did earlier today on another part of the same map. My browser is Google Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133.

Thanks.

John

map-designer maps prtg

Created on May 3, 2017 6:08:22 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello John,

thank you for the KB-Post. Please try clicking on these buttons several times. They actually don't set the object on the foremost or last z-layer, rather than just bringing it one level forth or setting it one level back.
So it is likely necessary to bring the object forth/back several z-layers, which requires multiple clicks on the according button. I just tested this on my PRTG and it did work that way.

best regards.

Created on May 4, 2017 11:52:48 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the quick response. I actually figured out that by changing the layer number in the objects property, you can quickly bring it to the foreground or background as you like. Use a very low number (like 1) to bring it to the background or a very high number (like 999) to bring it to the foreground. Much faster than clicking. :)

Created on May 4, 2017 2:32:19 PM

Votes:

Yes, you're right, that works even better. Sorry, I totally forgot about that.

Created on May 5, 2017 7:38:39 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.