What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HTTP Push Data Downtime Not Showing

Votes:

Hello,

I have been setting up HTTP Push Data Advance sensors, and they work great. But, when a sensor is in a DOWN state and then comes back online, the downtime percentage stays at 0% and the update remains at 100%. This used to work about 2 months ago, but now it is not. The only difference from then to now, is that I am using MINERROR,MINWARN,MAXERROR, and MAXWARN tags in my curl request.

I check the specification, but I do not see any additional configuration to show downtime.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks!

down-sensors downtime http-push

Created on May 3, 2017 9:23:27 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce the error on our side. What version are you currently running? Maybe you can update to the most recent version as we changed some functions of the HTTP Push Data Sensors.

Best regards.

Created on May 5, 2017 7:57:05 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sorry for the delay.

The version I am using is V17.2.30.1883

Here is the scenario:

Using HTTP Push Data Advanced Sensor, I am using MINERROR MAXERROR MINWARNING MAXWARNING options to trigger Warning or Error message based upon the criteria in our scripts.

When MAXERROR or MINERROR is trigger, it shows as down on PRTG but it does not calculate the total downtime of the life of the sensor.

When I use <ERROR>1</ERROR> in the HTTP Push Data Advanced Sensor outside between <prtg> and </prtg>, outside the <result> section -- this calculates the total downtime of the life of the sensor. The data in the channel now doesn't show per specifications. However, when you use SSH Sensors, you can generate a down error (<error>1</error>) AND the data in the channel remains in the channel.

How can I replicate this functionality with the HTTP Push Data Advance Sensor?

Created on Jun 30, 2017 9:01:53 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Please forward us an example query you are using, which includes "minerror" or "maxerror" so we can replicate it exactly on our side.

Best regards.

Created on Jul 4, 2017 1:48:00 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Here is the curl request I am using:

curl -ks -H "Content-type: application/xml charset=utf-8" -X GET
http://${PRTG_HOST_IP}:${PRTG_HOST_PORT}/${sensorToken}?content=<prtg><result><channel>${sensorName}</channel><value>${checkValue}</value><LimitMaxError>${conditionalValue}</LimitMaxError><LimitMode>1</LimitMode><LimitErrorMsg>${monitorMsg}</LimitErrorMsg></result></prtg>

Created on Jul 5, 2017 3:19:59 PM

Last change on Jul 6, 2017 12:13:35 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce this. When the value rises above "LimitMaxError", the sensor goes into an error state and the uptime in % is slowly rising. When the value falls below "LimitMaxError", the downtime will slowly go down again as the sensor is up. As mentioned earlier, please update to the most recent version as we changed some things on the Push Sensors.

Best regards.

Created on Jul 6, 2017 12:15:15 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.