What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG - update not working

Votes:

Greetings,

Been using "free" PRTG to monitor my network but for some time now I wasn't able to update it. I'm trying to avoid using the "backup and restore" option and I remember asking this once but can't find it in my KB history that was posted by me.

Anyways I'm stuck here: [img]http://i.imgur.com/g4RCXqT.jpg[/img]

I've disabled AV ( Forti Client ) and Windows Firewall, rebooted machine serveral times and I even get e-mail notification that an Update was requiested but no prevail.

It's probably something basic but I've been on this for 2 weeks now and still withoute a clue.

Thank You for reading.

Vedran

manual prtg stuck update

Created on May 5, 2017 9:14:27 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Vedran

Please make sure that you enter a license key. For the freeware, this would be a trial key (expired trial = 100 sensor freeware.) You can get such key here: https://www.paessler.com/download/prtg-download

Can you apply the update now?

Created on May 5, 2017 10:43:12 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Greetings,

I have left it running over weekend and it has successfouly installed. Why or how I don't know. Also in addition did what You have suggested and applied a new key. Everything is working now.

Thank You :)

Created on May 8, 2017 8:51:35 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.