What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Change message field style in customer map table

Votes:

Now I have change the font- size for the table in a customer map with adding a styles_custom.css entry:

.customalarms_biggerfont td {
    font-size: 22px !important;
}

And adding the new css class to my mapobject with:

<div class="map_object map_table customalarms_biggerfont" id…

Now the problem is that the line height of the message field in this table is wrong. I already found this setting in the prtg.table.css:

.table .status, .table .logmessage {
  display: block;
  max-height: 35px;
  line-height: 15px;
  overflow: hidden;
  text-overflow: ellipsis;
  position: relative;
}

Is it possible to also create a custom style for the message field?

css maps message

Created on May 5, 2017 10:47:39 AM

Last change on May 8, 2017 10:08:25 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello there, thank you for your post.

Yes, your styles_custom.css file will be proceesed to, so you can do something like this:

.logmessage {
	font-style: italic;
}

However, I do advise against your modification(s) of the prtg.table.css, this will be overwritten in updates, you should only modify the styles_custom.css file.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on May 8, 2017 10:37:26 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

Adding:

.logmessage {
	font-style: italic;
}

to styles_custom.css does not work.

Also I only what to change the settings for the message- field in ONE map, not I all maps.

Is this possible?

For me it is not why PRTG use px settings instead of % settings in the prtg.table.css.

Created on May 9, 2017 5:28:04 AM

Last change on May 9, 2017 7:32:26 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

There is a unique identification for individual maps, which happens trough this property:

id="mapelement_21180_2"

Where 21180 will match the MAPID (visible in the URL of the public map(public/mapshow.htm?id=21180&)). This is unique per map on a single PRTG instance. You could use this to create a selector in your CSS.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on May 9, 2017 2:34:27 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.