What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Class(es) not found: "Win32_PerfRawData_MSSQLSERVER_SQLServerGeneralStatistics" (code: PE235)

Votes:

After a update on the server up to Service 1 (Windows server 2008 R2) this sensor had failed

I have applied the Microsoft hotfix

I have done the following

net stop iphlpsvc
net stop nvspwmi
net stop vhdsvc
net stop vmms
net stop winmgmt

net start winmgmt
net start vmms
net start vhdsvc
net start nvspwmi
net start iphlpsvc

I have also done

sfc /scannow 

I have done

wmiadap /f

The /f switch still forces an update of the WMI classes from the performance libraries.
wmiadap /r

The /r switch to parse the Windows Driver Model drivers to create performance objects.

And also 

lodctr /r

And it is still erroring

Can any body help??

sql windows-2008-r2-sp1 wmi-sensors

Created on May 9, 2017 9:28:51 AM

Last change on May 11, 2017 7:33:11 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for the KB-Post. Please use the WBEM Test Tool to list all WMI classes on the host, to see if the classname my be slightly different.

best regards.

Created on May 11, 2017 7:35:23 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.