What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Microsoft SQL v2 sensor not picking up new SQL script

Votes:

Hi PRTG,

I have developed an SQL Script I would like to execute using the Microsoft SQL v2 sensor.

I have placed the SQL script in the folder c:\program files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Custom Sensors\sql\mssql on the PRTG folder, next to the Demo serveruptime.sql file already there.

The file is named SQLServerMirroringState.sql

I have restartet the PRTG service in Windows services.

When I add a new sensor, only the Demo serveruptime.sql keeps showing up.

The PRTG version is PRTG Network Monitor 17.1.28.1032+

What should I do?

script sensor sql

Created on May 16, 2017 11:05:11 AM

7 Replies

Votes:

Dear vutborg

Do you want to add this sensor on a device on the local probe, or on a remote probe? In the latter case, the script has to be copied to the remote probe as well.

Created on May 17, 2017 9:42:39 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It's on a local probe.

Created on May 17, 2017 11:31:47 AM

Votes:

Dear vutborg

In this case, please check if you copied your file into mysql, or mssql.

Created on May 17, 2017 1:09:30 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I copied it into both folders, and it didn't show up in either the MSSQL or MySQL probe

Created on May 17, 2017 1:13:54 PM

Votes:

Dear vutborg

Please contact [email protected] with a description of this issue. Please include screenshots:

• of the Windows file explorer, showing the file in the right folder (please capture the whole explorer window including the file path)
  • of the sensor creation dialogue, with the sql file selection dropdown box open. Please again keep the entire PRTG interface, as removing border parts removes important context.

Thank you!

Created on May 17, 2017 1:39:52 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have the same problem. There any solution for fix that?

Created on Feb 8, 2018 9:52:27 PM

Votes:

Dear felipenprj,

please check if the file becomes visible once the PRTG services have been restarted. If they are still missing, please contact us as we, as described above.

Created on Feb 9, 2018 4:00:07 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.