What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I recover a lost licence key for PRTG Traffic Grapher 6?

Votes:

Hi

We need to reinstall PRTG Traffic Grapher but we do not know where the licence key is, can you help?

The reason is it was installed on a C:\ and it is only 20Gb and the log files are filling it up. I tried to find a way of changing the location of the logfiles but it doesn't look possible in V6.2.1.963.

We have an Enterprise License for 500 sensors.

key license lost prtg6 traffic-grapher

Created on Aug 3, 2010 9:01:57 AM

Last change on Aug 23, 2010 8:42:02 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

You can change the data drive / directory by using the File -> Save As... function.

You can discern the license information under Help -> Enter License Key...

You can also request your license information (during an active maintenance term) from our updates database providing the registered email address.

Created on Aug 3, 2010 9:16:53 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Many Thanks for that, if I do the File-> Save As , will that relocate the data file perminately?

Created on Aug 3, 2010 9:36:55 AM

Votes:

Great worked a treat!!!

Created on Aug 3, 2010 10:31:03 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.