What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Users and notifications

Votes:

Good Morning:

I am attempting to set up PRTG to send email notifications to customers when they reach certain threshholds of traffic m(lets say 50%, 75% 95%), but individually per IP, so as to not alert other customers as well as give away sensitive information or emails. Do I need to set up individual notifications for every sensor as well as user accounts?

I don't want the email to have any links to PRTG in it its more of a warning for data use as I don't want to complicate anything for the customer (unless I can set up a website where they can look at their individual SNMP sensor to view data use without seeing anyone elses), is there a way to set that up as well?

So far I think PRTG is great and will be purchasing a liscence as we will require more sensors but for now I want to make sure it will work 100% of what we need.

Thank You, I hope this is clear.

email notifications snmp

Created on May 25, 2017 6:23:12 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed reply. You'll indeed need to use multiple threshold notifications for every given threshold. However, setting them up for each object would be a pain - consider using notifications based on libraries. See also the Paessler website: How to set up notifications via the PRTG web interface.

While you can't remove the links from the notifications, you can create Maps for each user that show the most important sensors.

If you're keen on using notifications, you can also use plain text mails that only have the most important info and no links.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on May 29, 2017 10:07:45 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 26, 2021 10:50:43 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.