What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

filter sensors in custom report in specific group

Votes:

Is it possible (and how) to filter a specific sensor from a specific group in a custom report? I'm trying to get a top 10 from the cpuloadsensor but just for group "hosted". My custom report is based on the stats loop hilo

Below is what I have now, but it doesn't show what I want.

<div><#report type="statstable" filter="filter_tags=@tag(%2bhosted,%2bcpuloadsensor)" columns="device,sensor,average,minimum,maximum" count="10" avg="3600" sortby="-average" showposition="true" clgid="<@clgid>"></div>

Can anyone help me out? Thanks

custom filter reports tags

Created on May 31, 2017 12:47:13 PM

Last change on May 31, 2017 1:51:19 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I found the solution. By setting up the rapport, I add the sensors by tag that I want to report on (cpuloadsensor, memorysensor, diskspacesensor, etc.) Then in the custom code I put the filter like below:

filter="filter_tags=@tag(hosted,-cpuloadsensor,-diskspacesensor)"

In this example I get all the memorysensor output for each device in the hosted group.

Created on Jun 1, 2017 12:26:52 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

You are currently using the following filter:

@tag(%2bhosted,%2bcpuloadsensor)

Please remove the plus signs (%2b), so it should look like:

@tag(hosted,cpuloadsensor)

Does that work for you?

Created on May 31, 2017 1:52:17 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ola, Nope, that doesn't work for me. It seems that it does an OR statement. So it will show a top 10 of systems in the hosted group with forinstance a PING sensor and also systems in another group with the cpuloadsensor. I'm trying to get the top 10 systems in the hosted group with the highest cpuload.

Any other suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Created on Jun 1, 2017 7:33:51 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I found the solution. By setting up the rapport, I add the sensors by tag that I want to report on (cpuloadsensor, memorysensor, diskspacesensor, etc.) Then in the custom code I put the filter like below:

filter="filter_tags=@tag(hosted,-cpuloadsensor,-diskspacesensor)"

In this example I get all the memorysensor output for each device in the hosted group.

Created on Jun 1, 2017 12:26:52 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Great that it is working now and thank your for sharing the solution. :)

Best regards.

Created on Jun 1, 2017 8:15:13 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.