What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

MS Exchange Mailbox: "User"

Votes:

I have the Exchange sensors setup in a group on my PRTG deployment. I have noticed there is a sensor to monitor individual mailboxes. I would like to create a group of sensors under my main Exchange sensor/group that contains nothing but the individual mailbox sensors. I have created the second subgroup under my Main Exchange grouping but I can seem to move nor add these mailbox sensors to this new group. I can however, add these individual mailbox sensors to the main exchange group.

How can I setup my groups so that I have: Email Exchange (all the sensors EXCEPT the mail box sensors) Mailboxes (ONLY the mailbox sensors)

Thank you!

exchange exchange-mailbox mailbox

Created on Jun 2, 2017 2:42:50 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your KB-post.

Please note that sensors are tied to their parent devices. For Exchange Mailbox sensors, the parent device must be the Exchange server that hosts the database you want to monitor.

If you want to create special views of your devices/sensors, arranged the way you want it, you can use Libraries.

Best regards

Created on Jun 6, 2017 12:51:47 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.